This FAQ provides you with links to documentation on connecting a VPN client to OpenVPN Access Server.
Connecting to Access Server from your operating system
Choose the link for your device's operating system:
- Connecting to Access Server with Windows.
- Connecting to Access Server with macOS.
- Connecting to Access Server with Linux.
- Connecting to Access Server with iPhone.
- Connecting to Access Server with Android.
How to set up Access Server
Are you looking for help with setting up Access Server? These links may help:
- A quick start guide to launching Access Server.
- How to set up a hostname.
- How to configure VPN settings.
- How to set up users.
Download our VPN client, OpenVPN Connect
You can also download our free VPN client, OpenVPN Connect, and import a profile.
- Download OpenVPN Connect.
- Click + to add a new connection.
- Enter your server IP address or custom hostname.
- Enter your user credentials and click Import.
General compatibility guide
OpenVPN Access Server is compatible with the OpenVPN protocol — an open source standardized protocol. Therefore, most devices that support the OpenVPN protocol can connect to Access Server. However, due to the enormous flexibility of OpenVPN software, it is possible that certain configuration choices can block or disable some options on a client device, which can prevent a successful connection.
The operating systems that are supported by the official OpenVPN Connect app are Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS. These operating systems are also supported by most open source and third-party commercial OpenVPN client programs and devices.